Have age, pregnancy and other life events brought changes to your body that you don’t like? You may have experienced changes to your vagina that bother you and cause you discomfort. If you’re not happy with how your vagina looks, you can improve its appearance with a labiaplasty. Dustin C. Derrick, MD is the lead plastic surgeon at Cosmetic Surgery of DFW for Mommy Makeovers and labiaplasty surgery in Fort Worth, TX. Simply contact us today if you are interested in this procedure.
What is a Labiaplasty?
A labiaplasty is the most common vaginal rejuvenation procedure. A labiaplasty improves and enhances the look of your external genitalia. Age, illness, pregnancy, childbirth and other life factors can lead to changes in how your vagina looks. In particular, the labia minora can become discolored, enlarged or loose.
Some women find that their labia minora are so loose and long that they show under bathing suits or underwear. In some cases, the loose labia can cause pain by twisting or tugging. If you’re not happy with how your labia minora look, or if they’re causing you pain or embarrassment, a labiaplasty can provide a permanent correction.
Who is a Good Candidate?
You should consider having this procedure if you:
- Dislike the size of your labia minora
- Are self-conscious during sex because of the way your vagina looks
- Have labia minora so long that they show under your bathing suit or underwear
- Experience friction when you’re exercising or having sexual intercourse
- Have labia minora that frequently itch or feel sore
What Happens During a Labiaplasty?
Before the surgery, you’ll meet with our plastic surgeon to discuss your goals for the procedure. You’ll be able to show the doctor what improvements you’re hoping to achieve. Each labiaplasty is customized to the client’s needs and wishes.
- The surgery is done in the comfort of our office.
- A labiaplasty can include enhancement of the labia majora.
- During the procedure, our surgeon can add additional procedures to tighten the vaginal entrance.
- The surgery does not require a hospital stay.
- Most women return to work within days.
What Results Can I Expect?
- You’ll feel physically and sexually self-confident again.
- You’ll be able to wear bathing suits and other revealing clothing.
- You won’t feel pain, tugging or itching.
- You will like the way your vagina looks.
Are You Considering Vaginal Rejuvenation?
If you would like to learn more about what a labiaplasty and/or mommy makeover can do to enhance your looks and your life, set up a confidential consultation with Dustin C. Derrick, MD at Cosmetic Surgery of DFW in Fort Worth. Contact us today at (888) 888-8888 to book your appointment and get started.